Thursday, January 1, 2009

Glances Back

Introducing my chapbook Glances Back, beautifully published by Pudding House Press in summer of 2007. It's a collection of narrative poems, many of which look to the past and explore how history affects us. Vincent van Gogh makes an appearance, as do my Somali neighbors and the biblical daughters of Lot. I am devoted to poetry that tells stories, for stories are what draw us together. Want a sneak preview? Check out my poems "Community," as featured on the blog of Split This Rock, and "Sunday's Theme," shown in America Magazine.

What's a chapbook?

A chapbook is a condensed, focused collection of poetry. Both new and well-known writers publish chapbooks when they have a collection that is not book-length but is complete as is. My chapbook is 32 pages long.


How can I get one?

Why, right here, thanks to the magic of Paypal. Paypal will require you to input your address, and I'll pop it in the mail to you right away. The cost is $10, and shipping and handling is a mere $1.25.




1 comment: