Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Heart of All That Is: Reflections on Home





















Holy Cow! Press's new anthology The Heart of All That Is: Reflections on Home is hot off the presses, just in time for the cold weather and coming holidays to turn our thoughts to hearth and home. Holy Cow! Press is a neat little (one-man) press based in Duluth with a real place in its heart for poetry. This is the second collection of his that I've been in (the first being Beloved on the Earth: 150 Poems of Grief and Gratitude) and they always do a nice job. You'll find a mix of known and lesser known names. What's nice about this one is its inclusion of cultural perspectives. My poem "A Hundred Things" was written in honor of a Congolese woman trying to make her new home in America. No matter where you go, there are certain expectations of home you carry with you.


On a side note, I just have to say something that wows me. My poetry has appeared in 6 or so anthologies in the last few years. FIVE out of six times, my favorite poet Naomi Shihab Nye has been the same book. I feel like I'm doing something right, being near greatness....


No comments:

Post a Comment