Monday, December 30, 2013

World Peace and Other 4th Grade Achievements




I heard John Hunter speak about his new book World Peace and Other 4th Grade Achievements, and it was a rare instance where I actually bought the book that day. I gave it to my husband for Christmas, but I actually grabbed it back and read it already, and now I'm sharing it with all the teachers I know. Mr. Hunter created an intensely complex interactive board game that he uses to teach his students how to solve the world's most pressing problems. The creative, critical thinking, and social skills they learn are astounding.



If you want to be reminded of the amazing things kids can do when given the opportunity, check out his book or the documentary by the same name. Here's the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment