Friday, June 25, 2010

DRAFT 2 DONE!!!



One ream of paper and an entire container of ink later, I've printed three copies (well, almost three copies, darn ink jet) of my "finished" novel, working title /The Violinist/. I have finished draft two and will be putting it in the mail tomorrow. (Which is a bit of a deal, considering it's almost an inch thick.) I say "finished" because there's always the chance my readers will point out enormous design flaws. But I've been writing 5-6 days a week all of June, and it has been joyous. It helps to be able to go for a walk before, after, and sometimes during writing sessions--especially after, when I'm trying to snap out of the written world.

Tomorrow Matt and I head off westward. Look for posts from me describing Montana and beyond.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! Hurrah hurrah!

    Who are you sending your drafts to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily--Thanks for your kind comment about "The Arts of Extinction", in Hayden's Ferry. Not many people would take the time to sent a note like that. I just got it today (8.30.10). What a wonderful thing to find in my inbox! Best of luck with "The Violinist"! Sounds like your career is really taking off. Have fun in Montana--one of my favorite states. --Anne

    ReplyDelete